3. 6月3日，GNCA首次与大颈老牌艺术中心Gold Coast Art Center合作举办艺术之旅活动取得空前成功，今后会有更多合作跟进。
5. 6月11日GNCA将举行一年一度的夏日庆典，活动对GNCA会员免费，公园停车免费。本次庆典不但保持往年广受欢迎的拔河比赛等娱乐活动，还将首次为会员开辟二手交易和美食自卖等场所。 庆典上也会宣布第二届张王莉莉社区服务奖获奖者。敬请关注。
地点：Manorhaven Beach Park, 158 Manorhaven Blvd, Port Washington, NY 11050.
1. Jeff Shi became the first Asian American Board of Education trustee for the Great Neck Public Schools. The 2017-2018 school budget and school bond also passed by a large margin.
2. The Great Neck Public Library board will hold an election for two trustee positions this coming October.
3. Gold Coast Art Center and GNCA joined forces in a successful event on 6/3 — Creative Crossroads Exhibition.
4. On June 4, GNCA board held its monthly meeting. During the meeting, the board modified its bylaws, discussed its upcoming election, and introduced GNCA committees to members who attended the meeting.
5. On June 11, GNCA will host its Annual Summer Party at Manorhaven Beach Park. The entire event is free to all GNCA members. Free parking at the park is made possible by the generous support of the North Hempstead Township. GNCA will honor the Second Annual Lily Wang Community Service Award recipients at the event.
Event: GNCA Annual Summer Party
When：Sunday, June 11, 2pm to 6pm.
Where：Manorhaven Beach Park, 158 Manorhaven Blvd, Port Washington, NY 11050.
6. On June 20, three villages will hold elections. They are Great Neck, Kinds Point and Lake Success.
Dear GNCA Members:
Six director positions will be open for election this year. The candidates slate and their brief biographies will be sent to all members before the election. You are cordially invited to attend this meeting to find more about the current board members, the opening positions, and how the board operates. Under our bylaws, only permanent members of GNCA are eligible to be a member of the board. If you want to join the board and are not a permanent member yet, please log onto GNCA's official website (gnca.org) and upgrade your membership to permanent member.
Other than being a board member, there are many other ways of joining the GNCA management teams, such as being a committee co-chair or an officer. We encourage you to continue contributing to the GNCA family in whichever way you can!
GNCA Board of Directors
Dear GNCA members & friends,
welcome to read this month’s newsletter.
1. The 2017-2018 school budget last meeting: Monday, May 8, 7:30 p.m., North High, 35 Polo Rd. (budget discussion only).
The following links are information related to school budget
2. The Allenwood Park Civic Association will hold a forum with all four candidates for the Great Neck Public Schools Board of Education. This event is open to the entire Great Neck community and will take place promptly at 8:30 pm on Tuesday, May 9, 2017 at Great Neck House.
3. The GNPS Budget Vote and Bond Vote and vote for Board of Education Trustees will take place on Tuesday, May 16th from 7:00 am to 10:00 pm at E. M. Baker School and South High School. For BOE candidates' bios please visit: http://www.gnca.org/index.php/events/76-bios-for-boe-candidates-2017-5-16
If you might be away or unable to vote on that day, you can vote by absentee ballot. To obtain an absentee ballot, you must complete the “absentee ballot application”(https://storage.googleapis.com/pt02/messages/attachments/8acd53897ff15049de2a762bf64a9c153bdb8b74/AbsenteeBallotApplication.pdf), and mail or deliver it to the Office of the District Clerk, Great Neck Public Schools, Phipps Administration Building, 345 Lakeville Road, school days, from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm no later than Tuesday, May 9th. You will receive an absentee ballot by mail, which then must be received by the District Clerk no later than 5:00 p.m. on the day of the budget vote.
4. The 8th Annual Asian-American Festival, celebrating the growing diversity in North Hempstead’s population, will be held at North Hempstead Beach Park on 5/20/2017. The celebration is in honor of Asian Heritage Month and includes an array of stage performances highlighted by live music from bands from around the world, as well as various cultural activities. There will be a lively market full of delicious ethnic cuisine from China, India, Japan, Pakistan, and Korea.
1.学区预算的最后一次会议5月8日星期一 7:30pm在North High School（35 Polo Rd GN），讨论2017-2018学年的学区预算，请大家尽量出席。地点在北高中. 以下链接是一些学区预算的相关消息:
2.The Allenwood Park Civic Association 将于2017年5月9日举行4位学区委员候选人见面会,此见面会欢迎所有大颈公立学区的居民参加。 时间 5月9日晚上8：30， 地点： Great Neck House
3. 5月16日是大颈学区学区预算，发行债券，学区委员改选三项的投票日，此次投票非常重要，关乎大颈学区未来，大家一定要充分行使自己的权利，请及早注册，如果5/16当天不能投票，可以用Absentee ballot提前投票。了解这次参加竞选的学区候选人，请查看 http://www.gnca.org/index.php/events/76-bios-for-boe-candidates-2017-5-16
1). 填写“absentee ballot application” （https://storage.googleapis.com/pt02/messages/attachments/8acd53897ff15049de2a762bf64a9c153bdb8b74/AbsenteeBallotApplication.pdf）
2). 将填好的申请表邮寄到或者送到the Office of the District Clerk, Great Neck Public Schools, Phipps Administration Building, 345 Lakeville Road, school days。（工作时间9:00 am - 4:00 pm，截至日期Tuesday, May 9th）
3). 您会通过邮件收到absentee ballot，请填好并在投票当日下午五点以前寄到或者送到the Office of the District Clerk（地址同上）。
4 第8届North Hempstead Asian-American Festival（亚洲文化庆祝日）将于5/20日在North Hempstead Beach Park举行。 亚洲文化庆祝日是一个庆祝/弘扬亚洲文化的活动，活动的内容包括来自中国，印度，日本，韩国及巴基斯坦5个国家的精彩表演，特色小吃，趣味手工和文化展览。每年都有将近上万名来自皇后区和纳苏郡的游客参加这个活动。今年是GNCA第二次参加这个活动，我们将为各位游客献上精彩的中国鼓表演和传统舞蹈茉莉花。还会提供颇受小朋友喜爱的面部彩绘。
GNCA end of year annual BBQ party will be held on 6/11/2017，detail information, please refer to GNCA’s email later.
2.GNCA and SHAI co-sponsor BOE Presentation of Budget and Bond and BOE Candidates Panel Discussion .Date: 4/24 7pm. Location: Great Neck Library(159 Bayview Ave. Great Neck, 11023)
3. Nomination for “Great Neck Community Service Award " open now. Please refer to http://www.gnca.org/index.php/
1. 填写“absentee ballot application” （https://storage.googleapis.
2. 将填好的申请表邮寄到或者送到the Office of the District Clerk, Great Neck Public Schools, Phipps Administration Building, 345 Lakeville Road, school days。（工作时间9:00 am - 4:00 pm，截至日期Tuesday, May 9th）
3. 您会通过邮件收到absentee ballot，
The GNPS Budget Vote and Bond Vote will take place on Tuesday, May 16th from 7:00 am to 10:00 pm at E. M. Baker School and South High School. If you might be away or unable to vote on that day, you can vote by absentee ballot. To obtain an absentee ballot, you must complete the “absentee ballot application”(https://storage.